It has been quite some time since I last reviewed something for the blog… Part of the fault was how extremely sick I got by the end of 2017 (hence why the posts suddenly stop), followed by a surprise pregnancy… Hahahahahahaha. So I am happy to come with something that really speaks about me: skin care + organic + not tested on animals + actually works.
La Mav Organic Skin Science
The brand was created by Dr Tarj Mavi, who, after suffering from skin pigmentation after the birth of her second child (also known as melasma… And if you had a baby you DEFINITELY knows what we are talking about), was unable to find a skincare range that could deliver visible results, but was free from harsh chemicals. Having worked in the research and development field for over 25 years, Tarj was able to utilise this knowledge, and combine it with a desire to create a completely organic skin care range that would deliver visible results whilst being gentle to the skin and the environment.
Did I like it?
So I got my hands on the Intense Moisture Nightly Repair Nectar and the Hyaluronic Acid Hydra-Max Serum as a gift from the brand. And if you know me a tiny little bit, you know I LOVE ANYTHING with hyaluronic acid… Hahahahahahahaha. This active ingredient is fabulous for people seeking firmer skin and a deep moisturizing result. It can also reduce the appearance of wrinkles, which may explain why several studies show that supplementing with it can make skin appear smoother. But when applied to the surface of the skin, hyaluronic acid serums can reduce wrinkles, redness and dermatitis.
After researching more about the brand, the price was something that put me off at first. But man, it justifies itself. The brand has SO MUCH science on its background… And it amazing how it is possible to get results without all the harsh chemicals and fake bio-products we are unfortunately getting used to. As a Certified Organic Skincare range, La Mav Anti-ageing products will never contain the following ingredients:
• Petrochemicals and other synthetic substances;
• Harmful preservatives like paraben and sodium benzoate;
• Artificial fragrance or colour;
• Chelating agents based on EDTA and its salts;
• Suphonation, ethoxylation and propoxylation;
• Alkyl Sulphates (eg Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate);
• Alkyl Ether Sulphates (eg Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Ammonium Laureth Sulphate);
• Polyethylene Glycol;
• Ethanolamides (eg Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA);
• Genetically modified organisms;
La Mav is strictly against the use of synthetic chemicals. Research shows that majority of what we put on our skin is absorbed through the tiny pores. A strong relationship exists between synthetic chemicals and organ system toxicity, allergies, developmental/reproductive toxicities, neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption (link to cosmetic database – www.safecosmetics.com and www.ewg.org). They strongly believe in using plant origin ingredients that are natural and organic as your safety and health are of paramount importance to us.
Still, according to their site, the brand is committed to meeting the highest standards of quality. La Mav use only Certified Organic, natural plant based and biodynamic actives. Their products are:
• Certified Organic by the Organic Food Chain (so they are good enough to eat)
Made only with:
• Certified Active Ingredients
• Natural and Certified Organic Raw Ingredients (Hydrosols, Pure Plant extracts, Carrier and Specialty Oils, Essential Oils, Vitamins etc.)
• Designed to suit all skin types (La Mav products are entirely free from synthetic fragrances, chemicals and preservatives and are suitable for even the most sensitive skin types)
After seeing all this, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to not take the brand seriously. I used both products for over 10 days (and I still am!), because I wanted to experience it myself, after all, whats the point of talking about something I know nothing of? And It is happening on the most difficult time of the month for me: my PMS. I get million of pimples, redness everywhere, flaky skin, dry spots… I become a MESS.
But the Intense Moisture Nightly Repair Nectar and the Hyaluronic Acid Hydra-Max Serum are helping me quite a lot! They didn’t stop my pimple breakout, of course, cause they are not meant for that! But I didn’t notice it causing more breakouts, which sometimes happen with products that are just too oily or that clog my pores. It ENDED my flaky and dry skin, which even during my PMS isn’t looking so dull. I also apply it on my lips and I love how much softer they have been.
- Eco friendly and recyclable packaging
- Cruelty free
- Toxic free
- Scientifically-proven anti-ageing BIO-ACTIVES
- HUGE range of products
- Available online in the UAE
- Not the product for you if you don’t invest on your skin care, since it isn’t the cheapest skin care available on the market
- I couldn’t find the brand on physical stores (not till now, at least)
- The serums and cremes come in 30 and 50 ml only, so it will finish pretty fast
The Intense Moisture Nightly Repair Nectar, is for 278,25 AED. The Hyaluronic Acid Hydra-Max Serum, costs 313,95 AED.
Where to find:
The range is now on sale in the UAE, including on Mumzworld.com